Law Offices of Daniel A. Hunt Trust & Estate Law Scholarship
The Law Offices of Daniel A. Hunt is now accepting applications for the 2023 Law Offices of Daniel A. Hunt Trust & Estate Law Scholarship.
Our law firm has served the greater Sacramento area for a decade and now serves all of California. We provide peace of mind for our clients and a stellar client experience as we practice in the areas of Estate Planning, Trust & Estate Administration and Litigation, Probate, and Conservatorships.
Firm owner Daniel Hunt is passionate about both Trust & Estate Law and philanthropy. In 2021, we created the Law Offices of Daniel A. Hunt Trust & Estate Law Scholarship to support law students who want to practice in this field as attorneys.
To be considered for this scholarship, law students must show a desire to practice any kind of law that falls within the Probate Code in their future career. The scholarship will award $1,000 to one student selected by our scholarship selection committee.
- Student must be a US citizen or a permanent resident
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited California law school for the coming academic year
- Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Candidates should follow us on social media to stay updated regarding the winner
To apply for the Law Offices of Daniel A. Hunt Trust & Estate Law Scholarship, an applicant must submit the following items on or before July 1, 2023:
- A completed scholarship application form. (See below)
- A 500-700 word typed essay describing your interest and connection to Trust & Estate Law and how you plan to pursue this field in your future legal career.
- A copy of your law school transcript.
Judging and Recognition Procedure:
Judging will be performed by the firm owner, Daniel Hunt. Many factors will be considered, including writing ability, personal passion, financial need, and representation for women and other minorities who are underrepresented in the field.
Award and Recognition Procedure:
- The Law Offices of Daniel A. Hunt Trust & Estate Law Scholarship is a one-time, monetary scholarship award. The funds may be used for the following education-related expenses: tuition, room, board, books, and bar review courses.
- The scholarship award will be given to the winner’s law school to be used towards the previously listed expenses.
- If an awardee is unable to attend law school for any reason, they must be able to provide documentation proving why they are unable to attend. The scholarship award will remain on hold for up to 6 months until they are able to provide proof of enrollment.
- If an awardee is unable to claim the monetary scholarship award within 6 months, the firm may award it to another candidate at its discretion.
- Candidates who are offered a scholarship must agree to the scholarship’s terms and conditions to receive the scholarship.
- The scholarship winner will be notified via email that they have been selected.
- Announcements regarding the winners of the scholarship will be posted to The Law Offices of Daniel A. Hunt website and social media accounts.
- A casual reception and luncheon may be held for the scholarship recipient. More information regarding this luncheon will be provided after the winner is announced.
Deadline to Apply:
Please submit all required information on or before July 1, 2023. The winner will be announced by July 15, 2023.