Position: Associate Litigation Attorney
Pay: $120K-$165K depending on experience
Company Overview: The Law Offices of Daniel A. Hunt is a fun and fast-growing law firm specializing in Estate Planning, Trust Administration, Litigation, and Probate. People are our number one priority. We value our clients and employees above all else. We are in search of an associate litigation attorney to join our litigation team at our Roseville location. We are only looking for team members who care first and foremost about people, and are kind, accountable, and driven. They must be organized, emotionally intelligent, and work well under pressure.
This position involves significant client contact and immediate responsibility for cases. Current attorneys, paralegals, and support staff will provide ongoing training regarding substantive law, as well as continued support in caseload and projects. This is a collaborative position. Adhering to the firm’s values of kindness, accountability, hungry and smart is imperative.
The candidate must be extremely comfortable working with various technology platforms and programs such as Microsoft Office and Outlook. Familiarity with Clio Manage and other knowledge-based software is a plus. The candidate must have two or more years of experience in litigation. Experience in trust and estate litigation is a plus, but not required. The individual we are seeking is someone that will commit to, and invest in, the success of the firm. Applicants must be an active member of the California State Bar.
- Appear in person and remotely for client hearings, meetings, and/or other events as needed throughout the Northern California area
- Take ownership of assigned cases and communicate all needs with the team
- Effectively navigate the judicial process using proper procedures
- Bill for all time to meet (or exceed) the billable hour requirement procedure
- Attend mediation and trials
- Take and defend depositions
- Draft and respond to discovery
- Draft and respond to law and motion matters
- Kind: We are looking for someone who practices kindness in all their dealings. If you do not lead with kindness, please do not apply.
- Accountable: We know and respect that people make mistakes. We respect you even more if you own up to those mistakes and learn from them. We are a goal-oriented firm and strive to better each other through setting goals and holding each other accountable.
- Smart: We value common sense. We are seeking someone who works smart and knows how to deal effectively with others and has problem-solving abilities.
- Hungry: We are looking for team members who are self-motivated, always striving to do more, interested in learning new things, and is a team player
- Health insurance
- 401K match
- Paid time off
- Premium car wash membership
- Fun quarterly team activities
- Annual team building trip
- And much more…